Be aware of these kinds of common pitfalls when designing your blog:
– Your house page muslimahpreneur.orgdoes not quickly let you know what the Site is all about. You need to be able to visit the home page of any Internet site and determine what the site is about, which products that sells, or what it is promotion within five seconds.
– The poor utilization of popup windows, splashy marketing, splash pages (pages with cool animations and sound nevertheless which you have to view for five to some seconds prior to being taken to the actual Web site), and other Web page design features that draw interest away from your Web site, products, and/ or perhaps services.
— Poor Website navigation. This includes broken hyperlinks, hidden nav, poor phrasing of navigational links, backlinks that have you to webpages with no links, links that take you to the same Web site, and web pages with no links back to the property page (always include a link to your site to the home-page so that no matter where site visitors happen to be, they can locate their in the past home! ).
– Thinking that mainly because you have a website, you have an advertising campaign or overall marketing and advertising strategy. You must know that your Web site is normally not the marketing strategy. Your Web site is really a part of your entire marketing strategy, according to your business goals; for example , for those who have a successful restaurant but want to advertise and promote your business on the Web. Setting up a Web site is fantastic, but if it is not promoted and advertised, nobody will ever still find it. By fainting business cards with all your Web site WEBSITE ADDRESS embossed on them, you are utilizing a traditional advertising campaign to promote your Web site. Should you offer a downloadable/ printable discount from your Site, you will be successfully utilizing your Web site as part of your marketing strategy to satisfy your goal of increased cafe sales.
— Failure to achieve Web site relevance and articles updating. There is certainly nothing more dissatisfying to a Web client than browsing a Web site that is certainly grossly out of date. Incorrect charges, products not anymore available, out dated content, and ancient promoting all indicate to the Web page visitor that your loyalty to your Site is having difficulties greatly. Learning your webpages with non-relevant material is going to detract visitors from having the point of the Web site (the five-second procedure mentioned earlier).
– Steer clear of too many text message effects. Forget flashing text, reversing textual content, gymnastics text, or additional eye-popping and dizzying results, which do nothing more than irritate your site visitor. Don’t make a ”loud” Site that contain numerous blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning symbols, text, or graphics that visitors happen to be overwhelmed by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of graphics in your Web site so that you will don’t overwhelm your site guests with ”graphics overload. inch Don’t use cartoon GIF pictures on your Site. These were great ten years before, but in the modern day’s professional environment, they are just another ”loud, inch annoying distraction that website visitors don’t need.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s topics (built-in style templates) when making a Web site with Microsoft FrontPage. Even though FrontPage is founded on a regular basis, we stand by the fact so it can be used to design great Internet sites.
– Avoid incorporate frame into Internet site design. The utilization of frames in a Web site should drive buyers away more quickly than anything!
– DO incorporate the appropriate Web site design and style elements to ensure that your Site is ready to be seen by search engines.