Be aware of these common pitfalls when designing your site:
– The home page www.galpao33.com.brdoes not quickly let you know what the Web-site is all about. You have to be able to visit the home page of any Web-site and determine what the site is about, what type of products this sells, or what it is promotion within five seconds.
– The poor use of popup microsoft windows, splashy promoting, splash pages (pages with cool animations and sound although which you have to view for five to twelve seconds before you are taken to the actual Web site), and other Website development features that draw fascination away from your Web site, products, and/ or services.
— Poor Web site navigation. Including broken hyperlinks, hidden course-plotting, poor wording of navigational links, backlinks that have you to web pages with no backlinks, links that take one to the same Web site, and webpages with no backlinks back to your property page (always include a link back to the homepage so that no matter where site visitors will be, they can locate their way back home! ).
– Believing that because you have a Web site, you have an advertising campaign or perhaps overall promoting strategy. You need to understand that the Web site is usually not your marketing strategy. Your Web site is a part of your general marketing strategy, depending on your business desired goals; for example , should you have a successful cafe but want to advertise and promote your business on the Web. Building a Web site is great, but if not necessarily promoted and advertised, no one will ever believe that it is. By fainting business cards together with your Web site LINK embossed about them, you are using a traditional marketing strategy to promote the Web site. In the event you offer a downloadable/ printable promotion from your Web site, you will be successfully employing your Web site as part of your marketing strategy in order to meet your goal of increased cafe sales.
– Failure to attain Web site relevance and content updating. There is certainly nothing more dissatisfying to a Web buyer than browsing a Web site that is grossly old. Incorrect costing, products not any longer available, out dated content, and ancient advertising all represent to the Site visitor that your devotion to your Web site is suffering greatly. Learning your webpages with nonrelevant material will detract the visitor from finding the point of the Web site (the five-second rule mentioned earlier).
– Prevent too many text effects. Forget flashing text, reversing textual content, gymnastics textual content, or additional eye-popping and dizzying results, which bum more than bother your site visitor. Don’t build a ”loud” Web site that contain so many blinking, blinking, twirling, and spinning device, text, or perhaps graphics that visitors happen to be overwhelmed by the effects and under-whelmed by site content.
— Limit the amount of graphics on your own Web site so that you don’t whelm your site site visitors with ”graphics overload. inch Don’t use cartoon GIF pictures on your Web page. These were neat ten years before, but in modern-day professional environment, they are yet another ”loud, ” annoying distraction that website visitors don’t want to see.
– Avoid the use of Microsoft’s topics (built-in design templates) when creating a Web site with Microsoft FrontPage. When FrontPage is based on a regular basis, we prepare the fact that this can be used to style great Internet sites.
– No longer incorporate supports into Website design. The use of frames within a Web site can drive clients away quicker than anything at all!
– DO incorporate the correct Web site design elements to ensure that your Internet site is ready to be seen by search engines like google.