Kinds of sentences and punctuation: guidelines for pupils
Punctuation abilities are intellectual actions expressed in determining the spot of the sign and its own option, whenever composing a text, for the true purpose of the structural and semantic unit.
Punctuation abilities include:
- - the capacity to locate communicative devices and denote their boundaries punctuation that is using offered the mark setting and emotional color of statements;
- - the capability to find structural and semantic segments that want allocation making use of punctuation markings;
- - the ability to place punctuation markings relative to the rules that are learned
- - the capacity to substantiate choices for establishing punctuation markings;
- - the capability to look for a punctuation gap and justify the environment and selection of this necessary punctuation mark;
- - the capability to discuss the punctuation of this proposition and text;
- - the capacity to locate, explain punctuation errors and proper them.